Brian Hingerty's passion for music, combined with his exploration of the sonic landscape, creates a musician with a beautiful and unique voice on the guitar.
At the young age of 19, Brian Hingerty has established himself as a member of the San Francisco Bay Area music scene. His diverse musical background lays the groundwork for his creative exploration of American Roots Music. He performs regularly in local venues throughout the Bay Area in solo and group instrumentations. His music reflects his years of studying many artists from different styles of music. His guitar influences encompass a vast array of genres and include Jim Hall, Bill Frisell, John Scofield, Kurt Rosenwinkel, and Derek Trucks, He draws inspiration from artists such as Miles Davis and Radiohead.
• Downbeat Honors Ensemble Outstanding Performance (with CJC Advanced High School Workshop)(2016)
• Festival Youth Discovery, Sonoma-Mendocino Coast Whale and Jazz Festival (2016)
• Winner, two soloist awards at the Reno Jazz Festival (2015)
• Winner, soloist award at the Folsom Jazz Festival (2015)
• Two - time competitor at the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival (2014,2016)
• Dave Brubeck Institiute Summer Colony Participant (2016)
• Member ot the 2016-17 California Jazz Conservatory Studio Band lead by Dave Eshelman
• Member of the California Jazz Conservatory Advanced High School Jazz Workshop 1 lead by Mike Zilber 2 years in a row
• Member of Berkeley High School's Combo A, the wining group of the Mingus Festival in NYC (2017)
• Downbeat Honors Ensemble Outstanding Performance (with CJC Advanced High School Workshop 1 and CJC Studio Band)(2017)
•Attending the USC Thornton School of Music as a Jazz Studies guitar major.
"Brian Hingerty is easily one of the best young players that I've encountered in all my years at Berklee. Bright future."
Jack Pezanelli/Professor/Berklee College of Music